Youth and Children's Pastor
We are seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for overseeing the Youth and Children’s Ministry (ages 0-18) at International Baptist Church, Costa Rica. We expect the successful candidate to be able to build and mentor a team of volunteers to fulfill the mission of these ministries. A candidate must be in agreement with our mission and vision along with our statement of beliefs. The person must exhibit a intimate and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life. They must show evidence of a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines i.e. prayer, Bible study, etc. Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for youth and children with a clear calling to our church.
- International or multicultural experience is important as our congregation is quite diverse.
- Conversational fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
- Gifted and called to children and youth ministry, loves kids, young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- 2-5 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing youth and children's ministry with preference given to those with experience in a church of 200-600 or who have worked with a ministry with over 50 youth in weekly attendance.
- Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with International Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (masters preferred), experience in senior high youth ministry, children’s ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Willing to become an engaged member of the International Baptist Church community.
- Thrives within a team environment; this includes our Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, administrative team and volunteers.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
- Possesses qualities catalytic to teen ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
- Demonstrates a strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
- Lead staff efforts to maintain the social media presence of these ministries. i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
- Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for International Baptist Church’s youth and children’s ministry.
- Lead and organize effective programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, for our children and youth as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities to run these ministries.
- Promote an environment where kids and students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued and celebrated.
- Invest and engage relationally with youth.
- Seek to integrate children and youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Support International Baptist Church’s parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Provide biblical counseling and spiritual direction to team leaders and students on an individual basis as needed.
- Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all children & youth to connect and grow together.
- Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Provide clear weekly communication to parents of children & youth regarding events/activities.
- Explore and implement outreach events to connect students and families in the local community to our church community. Foster cross collaboration between ministries and area churches.
- Promote the unity, direction and vision of International Baptist Church by participating in staff and leadership meetings.
- Develop a full year calendar that will accomplish our mission and vision as a ministry as well as complement our mission and vision as a church.
- Carefully plan and manage the Children and Youth Ministry budgets.
- Stay current with children and youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Other duties as required.