This position plays a vital role in our church since many people decide whether or not to join IBC by how welcome they feel during their first 7 minutes of visiting.Therefore we are always looking for kind, outgoing people to serve in this position as it is an opportunity to express God’s love and sets the tone for the worship service.
A greeter's job is to make each person that walks through the doors of IBC on Sunday morning feel welcome. Their priority is to make everyone at IBC feel loved and accepted as they come to the worship service.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
- Greet people as they enter the sanctuary.
- Carry out the responsibilities on the assigned checklists.
- Hand out Worship Guides.
- Provide general information about the church.
- Assist individuals and families, as needed to find seats.
- Assist the Deacons, as needed, to facilitate the collection of tithes and offerings.
- Take a count of the people at the service.
- Clean up the sanctuary and foyer, i.e., left behind worship guides/inserts, after each service.
- Be warm and inviting in demeanor.
- Be dependable and punctual.
- Commit to at least serving once a month.