Adult Gospel Project Teacher
It is within a Sunday Gospel Project Group setting where our church tries to educate our members in how to study and apply Biblical teaching. The Gospel Project Teacher is responsible for helping our congregation not only grow in their knowledge of Holy Scripture but also serve as a guide in how they can apply what they learn to every day life.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
- Adequately prepare and deliver the preassigned curriculum for the day. You can learn more about the curriculum we use at IBC here.
- Teach 1-2 times a month during the 9:30 a.m or 11 a.m service.
- Recruit people to participate in your class.
- Facilitate classroom discussion.
- Check class attendance and contact those who have not attended for several weeks.
- Organize social and serving events for your class.
- Set a Christ like example for others to follow.
- Attend both Sunday Class and Sunday Worship Services on a regular basis.
- Attend occasional teacher meetings held throughout the year.
- Must be a church member through assisting Discovery Classes. Classes are scheduled throughout the year on Sundays.
- Must have the gift of teaching
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Previous Sunday school or teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Commitment to at least 1 semester (January-June or July-December) of service.
- Basic computer skills.
This position would report to Pastor Joe.