Sunday School teachers put a lot of effort into planning an engaging and practical lesson for our children throughout the school year. However, even the most experienced of teachers can become overwhelmed with a room full of little kids needing their attention. It is only right that parents support our teachers by assisting with whatever extra duties necessary to provide a fun environment for our children to learn biblical values. If you have children involved in our Sunday School program (or just love kids) we invite you to see if being a children's helper is for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be committed to serve for at least 6 months(July through December or January through June)
- Find a substitute helper for the occasional Sunday when you are not available.
- Be prompt and dependable. We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before class starts to help parents check-in their children and escort kids to the sanctuary for the first 15 minutes of singing.
- Help escort children around church facilities.
- Help to check-in and check-out children.
- Assist kids with crafts and games.
- Assist with clean-up of the room.
- Alert parents of any problems with kids during service.
- Any additional duties the teacher may have.
This position would report to Pastor Joe.