Children's Sunday SchoolTeacher
It is said that by the age of 13 most people have already formed a religious belief system which they will hold throughout their entire lives. Because of this, we believe our teachers have a tremendous responsibility in helping to shape the spiritual and moral foundation for the children of our church. One of the ways we accomplish this goal is by trying to provide our children with the most qualified, committed and called teachers we have available in our congregation.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
- Must be a church member and in agreement with IBC covenant and ministry philosophy.
- Must be patient and able to teach young children. You can click here to get an idea as to what your spiritual gifts are and see if teaching is for you.
- Be organized and a team player.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English for classes with children ages 7 years and below. Fluent in English for classes with children ages 8-12.
- Be committed to serve every Sunday for at least 6 months (July through December or January through June).
- Find a qualified substitute for dates when you are unable to teach.
- Prepare an engaging and practical lesson for your class using the assigned curriculum. You can click here to learn more about the curriculum we use for our Sunday School program.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your class starts so that you may begin on time and finish on time (normally around 11:50 am).
- Find qualified substitutes whenever you are not able to teach or notify the church staff one week in advance to help find a substitute for you.
- Take attendance and contact parents whose children haven't attended in a while.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with the children's ministry team.
- Pray with the kids and build relationships with their parents if possible.
This position would report to Pastor Joe.