Children's Sunday School Teacher
It is said that by the age of 13 most people have already formed a religious belief system which they will hold throughout their entire lives. Because of this, we believe our teachers have a tremendous responsibility in helping to shape the spiritual and moral foundation for the children of our church. One of the ways we accomplish this goal is by trying to provide our children with the most qualified, committed and called teachers we have available in our congregation.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
- Prepare an engaging and practical lesson for your class using the assigned curriculum. You can click here to learn more about the curriculum we use for our Sunday School program.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your class starts so that you may begin on time and finish on time (normally around 12:20 pm).
- Find qualified substitutes whenever you are not able to teach or notify the church staff one week in advance to help find a substitute for you.
- Must be patient and able to teach young children. You can click here to get an idea as to what your spiritual gifts are and see if teaching is for you.
- Take attendance and reach out to parents whose children haven't attended in a while.
- Pray with the kids and build relationships with their parents if possible.
- Participate in occasional meetings with the children's ministry team.
- Must be a church member and be in agreement with the IBC covenant and doctrine.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English for classes with children ages 7 years and below. Fluent in English for classes with children ages 8-12.
- Be committed to serve every Sunday for at least 6 months (July through December or January through June).
- Be organized and a team player.
This position would report to the Children's Ministry Leader or Pastor Joe.