Children's Ministry Coordinator
It is said that by the age of 13 most people have already formed a religious belief system which they will hold throughout their entire lives. Because of this, we believe our teachers have a tremendous responsibility in helping to shape the spiritual and moral foundation for the children of our church.
Though we have committed teachers who are willing to work with our children we are in need of a volunteer leader who can help recruit and train new teachers every semester along with oversee various administrative tasks and activities throughout the year.
The Children's Ministry Coordinator will make the church a more family-friendly place by making sure we have excellent teachers trained and available to teach every semester along with various administrative tasks. The responsibility of event planning/supervision may be required on occasion as well.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
- Meet with someone on the Senior Leadership Team on a monthly basis or whenever needed and give updates regarding issues within the children’s ministry.
- Oversees teacher recruitment and training for every semester (January-June and July-December) in all Sunday school classes ages 4-12.
- Schedule Teacher Meetings 4 times a year (twice a semester) in order to monitor teacher health and gain feedback.
- Sends out a weekly e-mail to parents regarding what they children are learning in their classes with The Gospel Project curriculum.
- Order Class Materials.
- Send out the weekly e-mails to parents describing what the children learned on Sunday.
- Manages children's helper changes and substitutions if needed .
- Make sure Gospel Project video lessons are in sync and up to date in all rooms.
- Oversee children’s activities done for: Children’s Day, Easter and Christmas.
- Must be a member of IBC.
- Have a basic understanding of child development and what it is like to work with small children.
- Be organized and a team player.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferable but not required. Must be proficient in English.
- Be committed to help for at least one year of service.
This position would report to Pastor Joe.