9:30 am Children's Church Teacher
It is said that by the age of 13 most people have already formed a religious belief system which they will hold throughout their entire lives. Because of this, we believe our teachers have a tremendous responsibility in helping to shape the spiritual and moral foundation for the children of our church. One of the ways we accomplish this goal is by trying to provide our children with the most qualified, committed and called teachers we have available in our congregation.
Our Children's church experience is different from 11am Sunday School in that the time consists of children ages 4-9 all together in one room learning a lesson from the assigned curriculum.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REquirements
- Prepare an engaging and practical lesson for your class using the assigned curriculum. You can click here to learn more about the curriculum we use for our 9:30am Children's Church program.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your class starts so that you may begin on time and finish on time (normally around 10:50 am).
- Find qualified substitutes whenever you are not able to teach or notify the church staff one week in advance to help find a substitute for you.
- Take attendance.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with the children's ministry team.
- Pray with the kids and build relationships with their parents if possible.
- Must be a church member and in agreement with IBC beliefs and ministry philosophy.
- Must have the ability to teach young children. You can go here to get an idea as to what your spiritual gifts might be.
- Have a love for children and a basic understanding of child development. This doesn't mean you need to be a professional psychologist but you should have a good idea of how kids think and behave.
- Be organized and a team player.
- Teach a class every Sunday for at least 6 months (July through December or January through June).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required.
This position would report to Pastor Joe.